How to shop for a spa gift certificate?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DaveF, Nov 9, 2005.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I'm looking to buy a gift certificate for a spa session for my girlfriend, and I'm wholly ignorant of such things.

Any suggestions for how to find a quality spa? What features to look for in a package for an hour or two?

Please educate the ignorant engineer about the foofier things in life [​IMG]

2. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

I got the same deal for my now wife for Xmas last year. i actually went to the place and based my decision off two things. How a young scrub like me was received by the staff and how nice they were to me. The nicer they are to me, the nice they would be to a paying customer I figured. Second, I looked at the surroundings and amenities they offered. Anyone can give a massage and a hot soak, but I was looking for the extra little things. I would suggest you try and find some place that can offer the same.

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Dave, talk to other women! Most women know where the best spa is.Everytime I hear women talk about spas (or getting their nails done) they usually mention which ones are the ones to avoid. No offense to women, but it's the whole "catty" thing. A woman is always willing to tell you which places are nasty to the customers. [​IMG]

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Yep. I need to talk to a sister and my mom. Shelby makes good suggestions, but I'm also doing this from out of state, so I can't visit the spas under consideration.

5. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

This is freaky. I was thinking of buying some spa packages as Christmas gifts for a few couples I know. Should I try out the places myself? [​IMG]

6. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

That's what I'm gonna do!

I was planning on buying a package for Jennifer this Christmas, so I might as well do some field-testing myself...you know, to make sure the hottubs are boiling properly and all that. I'll also most likely do a quick check to make sure the masseurs are ugly [​IMG]

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Oh, then my suggestions aren't gonna do it for ya. [​IMG]