What's new

how to set up (1 Viewer)

tatts100

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
hi how do i set up my samsung 3d blue ray home cinema system to play noise through all the speakers at the moment i can only get the front two to work this is how i have it set up virgin hd+ box into samsung home cinema system then cinema system to samsung 3d smart tv great picture but only 2 of 5 speakers with any sound hope anyone can help been at this 3 days now

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
We could use at least a HT model#, and preferably a TV# too. A period or two wouldn't hurt either.

tatts100

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
sorry tv is samsung ps51e550 51inch plasma 3d tv with a samsung 5.1 ch blue-ray home entertainment system ht5500 ,and virgin hd+ cable box,hope this helps

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
We need more info...
1. What sources are not working 5.1?
2. How is the Virgin HD box connected to the Samsung?
There are "other" questions beyond those two...but sort those two out first.

tatts100

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
yes all speakers work from blue ray only when i watch cable just the front two work

tatts100

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
yes 5.1 when i watch tv through virgin box only front two speakers give sound,the virgin box is connected to tv hdmi in i have tried it in blue ray no picture

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What?
I can't understand a thing you are saying.
By the way, connecting the Virgin HD box to the TV, then sending the audio to the HTiB...you are only getting 2.0 that way. So it is working the way it is supposed to. I'm not downloading the manual for this thing to see if it has DPL, so I'll assume it does. Change your sound mode from "whatever you are using for BD"...to DPL.
OR, you can connect the HDMI into the HTiB and change your input. That would be simpler.

tatts100

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
the virgin box is not connected to tv its connected to blue ray player with hdmi lead into hdmi in port then blue ray is connected to tv with hdmi lead,i am sorry but i am not great on technical set ups all i want is a simple way to get sound from all my speakers when watching virgin channels

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
the virgin box is not connected to tv its connected to blue ray player with hdmi lead into hdmi in port
The manual I found for the ht5500 indicates that there is no HDMI in. So please confirm your connections. The manual I used is here:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201104/20110419180348983/HT-C5500_XAA_0915_Book[1].pdf
If the cable box HDMI is actually going to the TV, then you need to go get a optical cable to go from the TV to the ht5500. If the cable box has an optical output, try connecting from that to the ht5500 first.
Then you'll have to follow these instructions (page 24 of the manual) when you're watching cable.
Digital signal components such as a Cable Box/Satellite receiver (Set-Top Box).
1. Connect the Digital Input (OPTICAL) on the product to the Digital Output of the external digital
component.
Press the FUNCTION button to select D.IN input.
- The mode switches as follows : BD/DVD  D. IN  AUX  ONLINE  FM

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
According to the manual for the E5500 the "effects" button on the remote (bottom left button) should toggle the PLII function. The manual only mentions this working when using the L/R analog audio ins so it might not work with the HDMI input.
The cable box may need to be set to output multichannel sound from it's HDMI output--it probably defaults to 2 channel pcm. If so you'd still have to engage PLII for channels not broadcast in 5.1 DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks