What's new

How to set convergence with Avia? (1 Viewer)

BenWW

Auditioning
I've got a 53" Panny HDTV, and just got avia. I've set my basic video settings with it, but how can I take advantage of all the grids that avia has? Do I have to enter the service menu for this, or will the 9-point convergence in the tv setup menu suffice?
Thanks! :)

Blair Lee

Agent
That will depend on how off your convergence is. If you can get the picture spot-on with just the 9 point convergence, then you won't have to go into the service menu.

I would imagine that this is not going to be the case. My 53WX42 required a fine convergence from the service menu to get the convergence correct across the entire screen.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi!

Yes you will have to enter the service menu. once in the fine convergence mode I believe the 6 key will toggle through the various patterns and allow you to view the DVD pattern (though I may be mistaken - any assistance anybody??)

Regards

Gregg

Blair Lee

Agent
Actually, it's 5 to overlay video input. The 1, 2, and 3 buttons change the pattern displayed by the service mode and the combination of guns that are fired. The panny.tv website has a service manual for a different model television, but the controls are nearly identical.

BenWW

Auditioning
Ok I am able to access the service menu, but can anyone explain how to access and perform the fine convergence once in the service menu? I downloaded the manual from panny.tv, but it still isn't clear to me. Thanks again.

Blair Lee

Agent
Try the panny.tv forum. I know how to do it, but it's been described very well over there and I don't think I can do the topic justice by myself. :)

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Just carefully re-read the fine convergence stuff in the manual. It's really not that hard. If you can do the 9-point, you can do this. 64-point just has more options to tweak the picture.

And I have a question myself. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to get all of them lined up perfectly??? Most of the the R,B lines match up perfectly except on the left edge, blue is way off and on the right edge, red is way off. I can't move the lines on the edge without moving the lines next to it out of place. Is there any way to get around this??? Gregg...anyone?

I'm going to put a lot of time into fine-tuning this baby after I finish my last exam tomorrow.

BenWW

Auditioning
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and accessed the fine convergence in the service menu. Some questions...
What's the difference between fine and coarse?
When overlapping w/Avia, which avia covergence grid should I use?
When setting convergence, I am only able to move the lines in the center of the screen, the lines on the left/right/and corners of the tv won't move. Is there a way to convergence the other lines besides just the center?
Thanks again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks