How to separate two units which share codes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Noble, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Jim Noble

Jim Noble Extra

I finally have an OEM remote (from Rotel) which controls everything I have [​IMG]. It's not fancy, but neither am I, so we work well together.
    The problem that this has caused is that my DVD player and LD player, both Pioneer units, apparantly share some of the same codes, so that turnuing on and playing a DVD (wanted)also turns on and plays an LD [​IMG].
    Is there a way to either disable the response to remote IR codes on either unit, or (ideally) to change the codes on the units so that they differ from each other?

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Is one of your Pioneer components a combo DVD/LD unit (e.g. DVL-909, etc.)? As far as I know these are the only Pioneer units that share codes between their DVD and LD players. I had a Pioneer CLD-S201 LD player and DV-414 DVD player in my system together and they never conflicted.

The Pioneer LD units all share codes, and I think all their DVD units do too, so the only overlap would be in the combo DVD/LD units. But if you have a dedicated LD player and a dedicated DVD player, even both Pioneer, you shouldn't have a problem.