What's new

How to sell online? (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
How do most people make payment on an online sale? Through paypal? Couldnt I just send it COD? If so how/when do I get my money back?

I want to sell a dvd (no big loss if things go bad) but I was curious.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Well. I ve been reading paypal. If i register my credit card, will i get credited for the amount of purchase?
Bump & thanks. I dont want to keep this guy waiting. :D

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chauncey
Paypal works like a bank. You have an account there when you register. You set up your account to link to your checking account. A person then sends you money and it shows up in your Paypal account. You then tell Paypal to transfer the money to your checking account. You can now get it with your ATM card, checks, etc. I believe you can also get a Paypal ATM card to access the money.

Paypal does charge you 2-3% to accept credit card payments. They used to provide this service for free, but lost too much money I presume.

Good Luck,

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
If you are just selling, you can ask for cashier's check or money order or personal check until it's cleared. You should really make it clear BEFORE hand on what kind of payment method is accepted by you. PayPal in your particular case just works like a wire transfer (Western Union), but cheaper and easier.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the help.

Im assuming w/ paypal. I can just leave the money I get for selling in my acct. and if I want to purchase anything I can use that money? Correct? Either way, I set up my acct. Seems like a very good way to buy/sell online.

I've known about paypal for a couple years, but have never had the need to set up an acct.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Correct, you can leave money in your PAYPAL account to make purchases. The advantage to this is that a.) your credit card is not charged and b.) the seller is not charged a fee. Some sellers are adamant about not accepting that fee (they're nuts, in my view). But instead of doing this, you may be better off transferring that money to your bank account and then making an EFT whenever you make a purchase. Same result, and PAYPAL only has a limited amount of time to screw up your account.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Personally, I have 0 balance in my PayPal account, but if you do have a balance, I THINK they do pay interest on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks