How to sell a car??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Smith, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

I just got a brand new car (2003 Acura TL Type S) and I love it.
    I now need to sell my '95 Acura Legend. I've placed an add in the local paper, placed a message on the legend.org message board and an add in autotrader.com. Anything that I'm missing?
    Pics of my Legend
    Anyone in here interested? [​IMG]

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    There's always ebaymotors.com , that's where I bought my last car....

3. Chris Smith

Yeah, we were thinking of doing that if it doesn't sell in the next week or so. How well did it work for you, were you comfortable buying a car online like that?

4. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Dont forget to CLEAN it big time, inside and out(nice wax job). This always makes a great first impression.

5. DaveSarcevic

DaveSarcevic Agent

Chris,

You could sell your car online, you could also go to Autonation and they will buy your car. The bad thing though is they will only give you wholesale price for it. I tried clicking on your link but kept getting an error. As someone else had told you, make sure you detail it. I'm not sure how handy you are w/ detailing. If you dont do it have it done professionally. Most of the detailers I deal with charge between $80-100. Thats with having the engine cleaned also. Also if you havent changed your oil recently, do it. It's nice to see clean oil on the dipstick when you are checking the vehicle. It shows that the vehicle has been taken care of. Also check the coolant, make sure their isnt any corrosion around the mouth of the radiator. If needed top it off w/ the proper mix for a your climate. Most likely 5050 of water and coolant.

This little things will help bring in more money for your car. Not alot , but every bit helps. Also I noticed you live in New Jersey, where I assume they put salt down on the roads over the cold season. Take your car or have the detailer pressure wash under your car .

Alot of the youngins like your car. Have you thought about going to the colleges or universities and putting up a flyer of your car around the campus? Do you have a lemon lot near where you are? Basically, a lemon lot is a field or parking lot where people park their to sell. Usually an area where their is alot driveby traffic.

Didnt mean to get so longwinded( to make a short story long) but I hoped this has helped you.

6. Chris Smith

I acutally already had it detailed. I knew that was important.

The link is fixed. For some reason the server wasn't responding, but it's better now.

7. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Sorry but I was turned away as soon as I saw the picture with the shifter in it. Why, cuz I read "BOSE" right behind it. haha

8. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

Chris,

I sold my car on eBay Motors almost a year ago, and it was a good experience. A well-written ad, good pictures, and a sensible reserve price will go a long way! Good luck.

9. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I sold my last two cars by doing nothing more than placing a "for sale" sign in the window and parking the car in my driveway. The first car was sold in a day, the second in a week. If the car is clean and well maintained, and you ask a reasonable price, you should be able to sell it by parking the car in a high-traffic area with a sign. You can check on the fair market price for your car at www.Edmunds.com . You can also print out a window sticker with all the vehicle's installed options, the fair market price, etc. The window sticker worked well when I recently sold my '93 Toyota Camry V6 XLE.

10. Scott L

Scott L Producer

How much you want for it? Don't wanna get your hopes up but just interested. [​IMG]
    I second ebay as an option. Just set your reserve to the minimum amount you're willing to sell. The big problem I see with this is how much Ebay will take from the winning bid. It's best to research that some more if you plan on going that route.
    I bought my '90 Maxima by seeing it with a big for sale sign on a main road, but the great thing with ebay is someone might be willing to pay more than the price you want for it.

11. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor