What's new

How to Search a Thread? (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The search this thread option only appears if you are on a thread page. It doesn't show in the dropdown choices on the forum list pages.

Screenshot 2021-07-29 135625.jpg

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I would be happy if the search function worked in any aspect of searching.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I haven’t used it much lately so maybe it’s actually better then I thought it to be.
Can’t give you any specific instances of not finding what I’m looking for.
I think I searched for a movie by title and nothing came up a few weeks ago.
Was pretty sure there was a topic for the movie but nothing came up.

Should have made a note of it but I didn’t.

Sorry.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've found the current search function to be pretty good if you use the filters to specify where to search. I most often find what I'm looking for almost immediately.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven’t used it much lately so maybe it’s actually better then I thought it to be.
Can’t give you any specific instances of not finding what I’m looking for.
I think I searched for a movie by title and nothing came up a few weeks ago.
Was pretty sure there was a topic for the movie but nothing came up.

Should have made a note of it but I didn’t.

Sorry.
Tony,

One trick I use when searching for movie titles is making sure I restrict my search to a specific area. Example, if there is a discussion about a Blu-ray title for a particular movie then I make sure my search is restricted to the "Blu-ray" area. If it's about a movie that was released to movie theaters then I restrict my search to "Movies". Also, I try to do my searches in their respective area. For Blu-rays for movies, I make sure I'm in the "Blu-ray" area. For movies just released to theaters, the "Movie" area.

The "Search" function in the "top right" side of the page has the following options once you click onto it:

1. Everywhere
  2. Threads
  3. This Forum
  4. This Thread

When I'm searching a forum, I use the third option. If I'm searching out a specific Blu-ray title in lets say the Kino Announcement thread, I enter that particular thread and select the fourth option. I have used the first option, but I find it gives me too many different findings. The second option I rarely use, but some other people might prefer that option.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thanks Robert. I do that.

It’s been a rough day and I took it out on the feedback forum.
Sorry feedback Forum. I love you.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have found this works for me the majority of the time and it’s simple especially on a mobile device:

-First click “what’s new?” (the lightning bolt icon) in the top banner - this opens up all of the threads in order of most recent, which means the search should pick up everything.

-In the search bar, type in the thing you want to search, sometimes simpler is better (I leave “everywhere” selected for where to search)

-Click the box to “search titles only” - since I’m usually going for threads about a topic rather than random mentions within another thread.

The majority of the time this gets me where I want to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks