What's new

How to save 1066 input settings? (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having trouble saving the speaker settings on each input using the Rotel 1066. I set all speakers to small for home theater (DVD-Video 4) . I would also like to save the front, and rear speakers as large for music (CD). If I change the Video 4 input speaker settings I see them the same way in my CD input. I've tried to save them as a user default, by changing NO to YES on the "User default Set" line, however it doesn't seem to do anything. Also, if I save changes on each input, do I have to go into the menu and choose my user default settings every time I want to listen to a different input?

Thanks!!

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Check out the "1066 Logical discussion thread" I'm sure you'll find an answer there. But offhand I believe it's a global setting.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
The speaker settings are global. I asked the same question as it would be a great feature to be able to set them differently and have those settings saved.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Ouch...well that kinda sucks! I hate having to switch back and forth like that..oh well. It's not like I'm watching movies every night and have to switch it around constantly. I got through 6 pages of the Rotel thread last night. I've gone through it before, but, it takes a few times to get it all!
Thanks!

John Corkery

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if you can do without the surround processing and limit your CD listening to just 2-channel stereo, you can feed an analog signal through the 1066's multi inputs which will always send a full-range signal to your main speakers.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I like to use the digital input for CD's so I can use the 1066's internal processing. My CD player isn't anything special. I've currently got my DVD/SACD player hooked up to the L/R mains in the multi pre outs on the 1066, which of course sends a full range signal through the analog connection, however it will then use the Sony to process the signal and I don't believe it's as good as the 1066 but I'll have to do some more listening to make sure..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks