How to save 1066 input settings?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_T_, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Mike_T_

Mike_T_ Stunt Coordinator

I'm having trouble saving the speaker settings on each input using the Rotel 1066. I set all speakers to small for home theater (DVD-Video 4) . I would also like to save the front, and rear speakers as large for music (CD). If I change the Video 4 input speaker settings I see them the same way in my CD input. I've tried to save them as a user default, by changing NO to YES on the "User default Set" line, however it doesn't seem to do anything. Also, if I save changes on each input, do I have to go into the menu and choose my user default settings every time I want to listen to a different input?

Thanks!!

2. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Check out the "1066 Logical discussion thread" I'm sure you'll find an answer there. But offhand I believe it's a global setting.

3. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

The speaker settings are global. I asked the same question as it would be a great feature to be able to set them differently and have those settings saved.

4. Mike_T_

Ouch...well that kinda sucks! I hate having to switch back and forth like that..oh well. It's not like I'm watching movies every night and have to switch it around constantly. I got through 6 pages of the Rotel thread last night. I've gone through it before, but, it takes a few times to get it all!
    Thanks!

5. John Corkery

John Corkery Stunt Coordinator

Well, if you can do without the surround processing and limit your CD listening to just 2-channel stereo, you can feed an analog signal through the 1066's multi inputs which will always send a full-range signal to your main speakers.

6. Mike_T_

I like to use the digital input for CD's so I can use the 1066's internal processing. My CD player isn't anything special. I've currently got my DVD/SACD player hooked up to the L/R mains in the multi pre outs on the 1066, which of course sends a full range signal through the analog connection, however it will then use the Sony to process the signal and I don't believe it's as good as the 1066 but I'll have to do some more listening to make sure..