What's new

How to reset controller for GameCube? (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what the problem is, but I think I did something to my controller. I was all set to play NBA2K2.
As I was powering up the GameCube, it was going through it's stages of loading. I think I was moving the control stick around at the time. As I got to the start menu. I couldn't get the cursor to the left of the screen where I could select a game to play. Maybe I jammed it up or something. I think I read a thread somewhere that you could reset the controller, because this situation tends to happen. My controller was find the day before. I didn't drop it or anything. It's early in the day here on the west coast, so I'm not going to do a search until this evening my time. But if anyone knows the what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
I can't help you but ditto for me too but with a XBOX controller.

I just played Halo again yesterday and the built-in
'rumbler' wasn't as strong as it was the days before when I played it. Infact, it gave off more of a sound that it was moving instead of a rumble you could feel. Other parts of the game seemed about the same. I didn't drop my controller either.

What gives?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When you plug in a controller to a PC, you have to calibrate it. For consoles with analog sticks on the controllers, they are calibrated when the console is started up. If you move the stick around, then when it calibrates it, whatever position the stick is in is now the center.

To avoid this, DON'T TOUCH THE STICK AT STARTUP. It's mentioned in the booklet somewhere, along with all the game booklets.

If this happens anyway, you can press X, Y, and Start for a few seconds to fix it, or just pull the plug out and put it back in.

MitchellC

Grip
While this isn't exactly related to the topic at hand, I read somewhere, and can confirm, that if you pull one side of the controller torwards you, and push the other side away from you, the face buttons will really tighten up. Almost like you're twisting it, but make sure you don't twist too hard, otherwise it may, um... snap. :D
Sorry about this off-topic post, I just think it's pretty dang nifty. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
People had problems with buttons sticking in the controller, and the twist method was a way to fix them. I'm not sure of any other uses.

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
The twist fix isn't for sticking buttons!!!! It's for the b button on the cube, sometimes it looses it's recoil but once you twist it it's better.
I've heard the newer controllers don't have this problem, and I know the Wavebirds don't cause I bought 4 of them and they are the best controller on any console in the history of man! :D I love them more than my woman, well maybe not but close! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks