What's new

How to receive a nice LCD projector as one of your Christmas presents. (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
For me,
This will be the most memorable and best Christmas's ever.
Yesterday, my parents asked me to hand over a freshly made Christmas list, as they were going to do some "Shopping".
As I gave it to them, I proclaimed "Boy, Mom and Dad, there's alot of stuff there".
Usually for Christmas, I ask for DVD's, Paintballs, CDs, and various other teenage apparel.
But this Christmas, I'm evil :)
Ok, back to the story..
What I put on that Christmas list was confounding.
A few $10,000 speakers
A $5,000 DVD player
A Bob Carver Sunfire Subwoofer $ALOT
And, various other things they either won't spend the money on or never heard of.
Except for one thing--
An LCD projector which can be purchased for way under my usual Christmas gift fund ($250+)
HAHAHA!
I'm so sure I'll get a LCD projector, why?
My Dad is an audio/visual enginner and works with MANY LCD Projector dealers/salesmen.
Oh, boy, this is gonna be a good Christmas.
Also,
I put a little disclaimer on the bottom of my list:
"Please NO clothes, only what I have on my list"
Call me evil, call me mean, but I'm getting a projector!
And, for the people who think I'm some screwed up kid--
YES, I love my parents VERY much.
Nathan

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
$250 for a projector???
My family might get a new Toshiba 53HX71 HD-ready RPTV for Xmas... :)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Nick-

Yep, Dad can get a projector for cheap.

Heck, he's been offerd one for free before.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
really??

hmm... mind gettting me an extra one too?

Seriously... :p

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Nathan,

If dad has such great deals on projectors, why didn't you just get one of those before instead of hunting for a $100 older CRT? I would think that if you can get decent units for $250, you'd simply have one it every room!

I've been an audio engineer for 10 years, I wish I got offers like that! I think I found a decent LCD for $250 once, usable for parts.

-Vince

PS: I thought your dad was a musician by trade?

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Yes Vince,

Dad is a musician by trade (College Degree) but he found that the job options (Orchestra or Music teacher) was not to his liking whatsoever..

So with the many audio/visual/electronics classes he took in college, he got a job to be the Audio/Visual guy at a large teaching Hospital (like a university) which does TONS of multimedia stuff.

Thats where the projector stuff came in..

If dad has such great deals on projectors, why didn't you just get one of those before instead of hunting for a $100 older CRT? I would think that if you can get decent units for $250, you'd simply have one it every room!
Well, I really had no idea Dad's job go so into this kind of stuff until I saw the HUGE Movie Theater (Auditorium) at the hospital with stadum seating and everything!

And they constantly go from projector to projector as they have a nice budget for upgrading..

You wouldn't believe the kind of projectors they buy!

Only Pro-sumer!

Now, how do I get a projector?

1: Any projectors the don't use at my Dad's job, they sell off..

2.Dad has built many good realtionships with dealers.

Nathan

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Nathan,
What school did your dad go to? I have been looking at several schools that offer audio/digital media as a major (I haven't found any schools that just offer classes for this) and they are very expensive. $30,000 and up! I would be very interested in any info you can give me. Thanks!
Also, what kind of hospital is this? :) All the hospitals in my neck of the woods (the southeast) complain about not having a budget for medicine much less constant upgrading of projectors.
Dan Hine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks