What's new

How to print from my laptop over wireless system: Let me know if this will work... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I have a Dell laptop w/ a Siemens wireless card and router. The wireless router has a printer input in the back (print server?). In order to print from my laptop over the wireless system, do I connect the printer input in back of the router to the printer itself? Also I assume I have to have the printer drivers installed on the laptop? Is that how it works, or am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I have a Dell laptop w/ a Siemens wireless card and router. The wireless router has a printer input in the back (print server?). In order to print from my laptop over the wireless system, do I connect the printer input in back of the router to the printer itself? Also I assume I have to have the printer drivers installed on the laptop? Is that how it works, or am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i'm not able to fully answer your question, but in my setup i've got a pc that is always on connected to my router.
when i'm on my wireless laptop i need to have the printer drivers installed then just add the printer (using add printer, network printer). it's pretty simple.

try to plug your printer into the router, it'll only take you two seconds to figure out if you've got it set up right.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i'm not able to fully answer your question, but in my setup i've got a pc that is always on connected to my router.
when i'm on my wireless laptop i need to have the printer drivers installed then just add the printer (using add printer, network printer). it's pretty simple.

try to plug your printer into the router, it'll only take you two seconds to figure out if you've got it set up right.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Your router should have come with software that manages the printer port on the back of the router. (I have an older SMC wired router that has a print server). Install the printer's software and install the router's printer port software, a new port will show up under the available printer ports. Next, go into the Control Panel's Printers and Scanners applet and change the printer's output port (usually LPT1) to the new port on the router (usually scroll down a bit, you'll see it at the bottom of the list of available ports).

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Your router should have come with software that manages the printer port on the back of the router. (I have an older SMC wired router that has a print server). Install the printer's software and install the router's printer port software, a new port will show up under the available printer ports. Next, go into the Control Panel's Printers and Scanners applet and change the printer's output port (usually LPT1) to the new port on the router (usually scroll down a bit, you'll see it at the bottom of the list of available ports).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks