What's new

How to pick up women 101 (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.

The issue isn't them doing it Rob, it's them VIDEOTAPING it and releasing it on the web. If people want to dress up and throw ping pong balls at each other (pretending it's lightning bolts) in private or secluded public places that's great. More power to them. But as soon as it is made public, expect the ridicule from anyone not "into" it that sees it.

This is just like any unusual past time that doesn't meet wide approval. Lots of people like to walk around their house naked, makes them feel good. Cool. But as soon as they pop down to the store for a gallon of milk and forget their pants, they better expect a decent amount of public ass whoopin'. It's a very common (and neccessary) part of our culture, embrace it.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Crap. That second video. I hate to admit it, but the Beholder looked kinda cool.

So, what happens if some guy in a group of nerds just snaps and starts swinging a real sword and mowing down nerd after nerd and no one notices?

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor

Or ... what if someone dressed as Leatherface came in from nowhere with a chainsaw running full throttle?

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Hmm, a discussion on an internet bulletin board dedicated to audio/video hobbyists about someone else's nerdy hobby. I hope the irony isn't lost on everyone.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well...there ARE varying degrees of nerdiness, but I guess it's all relative. I'm sure some people would see us as one and the same.

LIGHTNING BOLT!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yes I would put myself as a level 3 druid with a small mana pool while the mighty Beholder is a mind-numbing level 56 necromancer with the power to repel women.

So yea my a/v gear sucks. :p)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

"LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!" vs. sitting down and watchng a movie... Hmmmm

Relativism and points of view don't work on this one, I'm afraid :D

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
"LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!"

Still funny as it was the first time.

As to nerdiness levels...please...

Split-looming my subwoofer cable- about 20% nerdy

Dressing up as a wizard and then driving 100 miles to the nearest forest, to play tag is on a whole different level of nerd.

Yes, I own an SPL Meter but if you catch me LARPing, could you please just push off the nearest cliff?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
The video editting skills of that group make it much more palatable. I like the triple cut footage of the dwarf jumping through the air with his axe, makes it look 10x more exciting than it is.

The beholder is a nice touch too, someone spent time making that for sure. Do you think it dropped a load of candy when they finally defeated it though? That's got to be the most ill tempered pinata I've ever seen...

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Agreed.

Home theater nerd: much less nerdy than it was some years ago, HT is popular these days. Call it 30% on the nerd-o-meter.

Playing video game RPGs and strategy games - 60% nerd-o-meter (Final Fantasy 7 made a bit more mainstream)

Playing real pen-n-paper D&D - 70% nerdy

SCA (historical medieval dress up people) anywhere but a RenFair - 80% nerdy

LARP people - 150% nerdy. Doesn't get any nerdier than this. Waaaay to nerdy.

Playing D&D is one thing, but running around in costumes yelling "LIGHTNING BOLT" is going a bit far IMO.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Yes but it's a constant battle to keep the HT nerd factor at respectable levels. New evidence appears on a nearly daily basis that reminds us of the need to be ever vigilant in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread