What's new

how to package and ship a pc? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
somebody bought my old pc on ebay.

since i dont have the original box anymore, obviously i need a new one. but, where can i buy a box? and how to package it neatly? do i have to double box it?

any advice would be appreciated, greatly.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'd go dumpster diving, hit up the places that buy a lot of PC's, best buy, big IT departments, universities :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Aww come on, it's fun!
every time I sell something on ebay and need a box I go raid the cardboard only bins behind the local strip mall, it's never let me down.
I imagine you could find a gateway or dell box and all original packaging pretty easily :)
it's like recycling.. sort of :D

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
well...mwahahahahah

the closest would be either jewel, osco, dominic and wallgreens.

best buy is quite far from where i live, compusa is further. and i dont have any idea how to find their cardboard only bins! i am afraid they would think i am a thief or something...

do they always let you do the dumpster diving??

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
beats me, no one's ever seen me do it :)
a lot of places shred their boxes (or some other means to make them smaller) the mini mall I frequent just has recycle only trash cans out back, I assume they're picked up by the city, no one seems to mind
you can ask the people at the grocery store too, but I'd rather not bother them and find them for myself.
anyway, I would imagine you'd be fine with a good sturdy box and bubble wrap, then crumpled up newspaper around the pc nice and tight. I would also lay it motherboard down in the hopes that the cards don't pop out of the sockets in transit (I can dream can't I?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks