How to organize cables?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Debbie E, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Debbie E

Debbie E Stunt Coordinator

I have over 20 cables making a big mess. I plan to cut this down by doing wireless for the PC, laptop, and PS2 (XBOX Live does not recommend wireless).

That still leaves over 20 cables. How do you keep your cables in check? Can anyone show pictures of their cable setup?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

I use Linksys for wireless Xboxing and it works just fine.

3. Debbie E

Debbie E Stunt Coordinator

Right now I can't use wired or wireless since I can't connect through my DLink router and people at DLink CS are CLUELESS. I've wasted over two hours and still doesn't work.

The XBOX people will help you set up a wired so I figured I'll ask them to help me set up wired and then just switch to wireless [​IMG]

Anyone have any experience with a Dlink router?

And what about the cables?

4. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Sorry, my cables are a worse mess than yours, I'm sure. Going "wireless" added four wires to the mix!

5. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

This is the bane of HT and computing. If someone could come up a solution they would make a killing.

I was just thinking about this the other day after moving recentely. I couldn't come up with anything to make it better.[​IMG]

6. John Kilroy

John Kilroy Stunt Coordinator

Split flex tubing, available in black or white. You can buy it at Best Buy, or the same stuff at Ace Hardware for about a tenth the price.