What's new

How to order CD availible in England from the U.S.? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd like to purchase Carl Davis's "The Silents," but it's only availible in England.

How would I go around to ordering off of amazon.co.uk from the United States?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, I don't understand your question. Have you tried ordering the CD from amazon.co.uk? That should work fine. I ordered a CD a few years ago from amazon.de with no problems.
EDIT
Patrick, are you trying to avoid ordering the disc from amazon.co.uk? If so, why?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've used amazon.co.uk and not had a problem. I also order from hmv.co.uk, though some say they're kind of high priced.

Just register and place an order like you would for any US site. Your credit card company will convert the currency when the charge is processed. Rough conversion is £1 = $1.55.

Direct ordering of imports is one of the great things about the Internet. I order probably 90% of my music from overseas (England, Australia, Singapore, Japan) and have not had any problems.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Well, I was wondering how much of a hassle it is. I don't know how much it'll cost to ship the CD from the UK to here...if it's not an outrageous price, it'll be fine.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
From AmazonUK:

North America Delivery Rates - Airmail
Item For TOTAL price add these two columns
Per Item Per Delivery
CD £0.99 £2.09

So, for one CD, you're looking at around $4.50 shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks