What's new

How to Murder Your Wife - Jack Lemon/Terry Thomas & Virna Lisi needs a Bluray Release (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
1965 How to Murder Your Wife, for me, is right up there with the Great Race & Some Like it Hot, Yet this film has never recieved the love and attention of the other Jack Lemon Films.
Stanley Ford (Jack Lemon) leads an idyllic bachelor life. He is a nationally syndicated cartoonist whose Bash Brannigan series provides him with a luxury townhouse and a full-time valet, Charles (Terry Thomas). When he wakes up the morning after the night before - he had attended a friend's stag party - he finds that he is married to the very beautiful woman (Virna Lisi) who popped out of the cake - and who doesn't speak a word of English. Despite his initial protestations, he comes to like married life and even changes his cartoon character from a super spy to a somewhat harried husband. When after several months he decides to kill off Bash's wife in the cartoon, his wife misinterprets his intentions and disappears. Which leads the police to charge him with murder. I would LOVE to see someone take this project on!!! Has anyone heard anything on this titel or no?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
My bad I’ve got the Blu-ray on it Olive Studios is the one that presented this one. Still darn good movie, maybe go to 4K I don’t know?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Great movie. I bought the digital version this year on iTunes.
it was my bad, I have the Bluray of this, and they dida wonderful job on it. This is one of my favorite Jacl Lemmon comedies ...all I can say is it must have been a brain fart, LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks