What's new

How to mount LCD monitor on wall? "VESA standard?" (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I purchased a cheapie 15" LCD to support my HTPC; i.e. when I want to play MP3s, I can navigate thru the LCD and not have to turn on the main display, which in my case is a projector.

In the instructions it says "Supports removeable base and VESA standard mounting arm for wall mounting."

I can see how to take the base off. And I can see four threaded inserts on the back of the monitor. This is obviously where the arm or whatever screws in.

I want to fabricate a wall mount. It doesn't have to move. I want it mounted on the wall, permanently. I'm doing this to avoid having to build/mount a shelf for it to sit on. Plus, it would look damn cool mounted on the wall. :thumbsup;

Anyone done this before? What is "VESA mounting standard?" I haven't taken a ruler to the mounting holes, but that's easy enough to figure out. What size are the mounting holes? Thread pitch? It's obviously metric (It's made in Asia and all PC hardware is measured in metric anyway) but I don't know much more than that.

Any experiences with this?

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
I found 2 VESA stationary wall mounts for $5 on clearance at a local B&M, the VESA standard is just the standard placement of the mounting holes.

The mounting holes are 90% probable either M4 or M5 screws available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks