1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

How to measure room acoustics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Corr, May 15, 2001.

1. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

How do you measure sounds in a room to determine whether you are getting a flat response or drops at certain frequencies?

2. Will Ernst

Will Ernst Agent

I'm trying to do the same thing currently using my RS SPL meter and the Spectra Plus RTA software. Here's a link to TerryC's page that has the Spectra Plus software link and a compensation file for the RS SPL meter as well: http://members.tripod.com/~terrycthe...um/page12.html
    I only played with it for a short while last night, but I couldn't figure out how to actually get a frequency response analysis. Just using the RTA it looks like I have a HUGE (read ~20dB) dip between 64-70Hz. If anyone could give some tips on the Spectra Plus program, that'd be great.
    -will

3. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

You can use your same RS SPL meter with the PC software located at this website:
    www.etfacoustic.com
    Additionally, this site explains the use of the software by providing a complete example demo room.
    Good reading just to understand the principles and possibilities of room acoustic tuning.
    BruceD
    (just a satisfied user)