How to match speaker sizes?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by WyattR, Oct 11, 2005.

1. WyattR

WyattR Auditioning

Just bought JBL E80's for my fronts and need opinions for surrounds. My room is 22x28, but the 22' side starts at 40" and grows at a 45 degree angle until it reaches 9'. Plus this area includes the living, kitchen and an open den area - more like a studio really. So to the point: Should I go with 2 pair of E30's or 1 pair of E50's and 1 pair of 30's for surrounds. Heck I might be happy with just 5.1, so in that case could I get away with (2)30's? FYI, I will mate these with a HK 235 or Yamaha 5890. Sub will be SVS, but once again PB 10 or 12?

Thanks,
    Wyatt

2. John S

John S Producer

E50's have the exact same drivers right? Probably a best match, but the entire E series are considered perfectly timbre matched.

Always go for the highest end product you can afford.

5.1 -vs- 6.1 -vs 7.1 is a choice only you can make. I have run all of them in my current room. In the end I am choosing 6.1 with two rear speakers attached to the single channel, but my pre/pro is selected for 7.1 and I am Y'n the two rear channels together into the same external amp.

So it is a sort of odd ballish psuedo 7.1, as far as the pre/pro is concerned it is 7.1. [​IMG]