What's new

How to label songs on CD-R? (1 Viewer)

Allan

Stunt Coordinator
This may be a silly question... A while back, I posted a question about how to "rip" CDs. Well, I finally got around to buying a CD burner (a plextor), downloaded Nero, and lo and behold -- everything worked and I burned my first CD!!! Well, my question now is the best way to label what is on each CD. I guess I could just give a title to the CD (eg Workout Mix) and write that on the Cd with a felt tip marker. however, I would rather list all of the songs on the CD on the disks. Would it be okay to stick a label on the CD (a la an old disk) listing the songs?

Any suggestions as to what type of labels would be best?

thanks
Allan

James E

Stunt Coordinator
I just leave most of mine blank, i like a shock now and then;)
but have found patterns also work.

james

edit: for labels some thing like This i can't recommend one brand over the other, the easiest way is just to buy writable CD-Rs

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I just use a sharpie but i don't usually make mix cd's or if I do i usually choose a descriptive word or just call it "stuff #"

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I prefer to apply a blank CD label on the disc and write on top of that. If you buy a pack of Avery CD labels, look for the packs which include the free Avery label software. You can then print your own custom-made CD labels and even the jewel case inserts if you wish.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Some new printers (I believe Epson has one) actually let you stick a blank CD in 'em, and it'll print the label on the CD. I haven't seen this in person, and I think it requires a special type of CDR, but it sounds like a neat idea.

Me, I just write the title of the mix on the CD.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've been using cd stomper since i bought my first burner years ago.

it's the best tool i've used - simple and inexpensive.

the starter kit gives you: software, labels, j-cards and the world's easiest applicator. then i buy my jewel cases in bulk from office max.

i think their website is www.cdstomper.com - i couldn't connect just now.

a lot of retailers also carry it.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I second Ted's recommendation about the CD Stomper...great little product. cdr4less has it on sale for $15.

A word of caution I do have about CD-R's with labels is to be careful if you use the disks in a car CD player where the disk slides in and out of the player. I know a couple of people who've had problems with the disk getting stuck in the player.

Jay Heyl

Stunt Coordinator
I generally just use a Sharpie. If I'm putting full albums on the CD I'll list the artists/albums on the CD. If I'm doing a mix, I'll list a genre (e.g. jazz) if that applies, othewise I usually just put "Mix" and the date I cut the CD. I'm not real happy with the "Mix" solution, but there's no way I'm going to get 100 song titles on the front of the CD and I know a separate paper listing all the tracks will quickly and permanently become separated from the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks