1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

how to know when in 480p mode?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Dec 17, 2001.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

i recently hooked up my Xbox via Component cables with the HD AV pack, optical, etc the whole nine. The 5.1 is kicking beautifully but Im wondering if there is a way that I can tell if the game is indeed in 480p mode. I mean, it looks great and all, but is there a setting or something on my tv that might let me prove that its in 480p mode?

FYI Im using a Toshiba 50h81 RPTV. Thanks for the info!!

2. paul_v

paul_v Second Unit

Don't know about your TV but my Mitsubishi says 480p when I bring up the display when in progressive. Try hitting the display button on your remote...it may say it on the screen like mine.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The Toshiba is kinda weird - it takes the incoming signal and scales it to a 540p image. So if you were able to display the currently displayed signal, it would always be 540p, regardless of the incoming signal.

-Dave

4. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

In the Xbox dashboard (boot without a disc in the drive), go to Settings - Video. If you have the HD pack connected, the Xbox will detect it and give you 480p, 720p, and 1080i output options. All games support a minimum of 480p.