What's new

How to know if you are streaming 4k amazon prime video (1 Viewer)

carlosC

Auditioning
I just bought a LG OLED65B8 OLED tv. When I watch the movies that are supposedly available in 4k, it shows as 1080p
How do I know if I'm streaming 4k? Will it say "2160" instead of 1080p when I press pause? Thanks.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I just bought a LG OLED65B8 OLED tv. When I watch the movies that are supposedly available in 4k, it shows as 1080p
How do I know if I'm streaming 4k? Will it say "2160" instead of 1080p when I press pause? Thanks.
Amazon is a real pain with 4K because all their actual 4K versions are completely separate from their HD versions. First you have to find the 4K version (that can be really tricky!) and then stream it.

carlosC

Auditioning
So I talked to support, and they said my tv does not support 4k streaming. He named the LG models that do, and oddly they all seemed to be 2016 and 2107 models. He said I could use the 4k fire stick, then I asked if I could use the xbox one x and he said that would also work. So Ill prob add that to do it.
Apparently if its working the home screen will show something about UHD if it is working. Other than that you have to search for a list of movies that they stream in 4k. I suppose if its indeed working, it will say UHD or something similar when you pause the movie, instead of "1080p"

carlosC

Auditioning
On another note, the tv looks so good, when I was watching the amazon movies, even though it said "1080p" I was not totally sure whether it was 4k or HD. If HD looks this good I can't imagine how good 4k will look. I'm glad I spent the extra bucks for the Oled over led.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The new Roku Premiere supports 4K and HDR10, is only $40, and includes a certified 18Gbps HDMI cable. It is one of the best values out there right now for 4K streaming devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks