What's new

How to keep Denon E300 from reverting to Stereo? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I bought this receiver on closeout for my folks and got it all set up today. It's a nice little receiver, especially for the closeout price I got, but one thing is driving me nuts and I hope someone has the answer.

I have been through the menus a dozen times and I can't find a way to prevent it from defaulting back to stereo when switching inputs. I have never seen a piece of surround gear that did this. Everything I have used has always defaulted back to the previous sound mode when returning to an input.

I didn't have time to test every possible sound source, as in, I didn't have any Blu-Rays to see if this happens with HD surround sources. Still, it definitely does it with every other source I was working with, including DD. Every time I changed the input, it defaulted back to stereo.

There has to be some way to tell it what mode to default to with each input. Anyone know how?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, I took ANOTHER look at the manual and finally stumbled across what seems to be the answer. It's how the Quick Select buttons work, which is the only way I was showing the folks how to change inputs. It seems those buttons have programmed presets built in to them. They don't just change the input, but also the volume and sound modes. Those things can't be set anywhere in the menus. You set the receiver to the volume and sound mode you want as a default for that Quick Select button, then hold the button down for several seconds, and the settings are stored for that button.

That info is way back in the advanced section of the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks