What's new

How To Irritate People on DVD-- How is it? (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
How is the How To Irritate People DVD? I've never seen it in stores, and I wasn't even aware it had been released until Amazon.com started recommending it to me.

My big concern is that one of the customer reviews makes the image quality sound terrible and says that the audio is out of synch.

I would like to retire my VHS edition, but I want to make sure that the DVD is at least passable. What do you guys think of the disc?

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

Kelly W

Second Unit
Now I KNOW that there are more Python fans here. Hasn't anybody taken the plunge on this disc yet? :)

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
We're not answering just to irritate you.

I had never seen the VHS version and bought this one sight unseen when it first came out due to the price point and recommendation of some folks (on this forum I believe) to see the "Airplane Pilots" bit.

At least for me and my family, the DVD is at least passable. The source material does look old, but that is to be expected for this material. As for the audio, I just don't remember if the audio was out of synch or not. So if it is out of synch, it probably isn't that bad.

So if you are looking for a replacement for your tape, probably worth picking up.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Thats funny, I just watched this on vhs this morning. The family really enjoyed it.
My kids are going around the house today saying " can I lick your chair clean for you!!".
Great Monty comedy skits, includes the hilarious Job Interview skit with the ringing bell "good night....good night".
JohnG:)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Wow, I didn't know this was on DVD. The airlplane scene is fantastic, as is the interview sketch with the film director (even though that one's a Python sketch.) Thanks for the heads-up.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Well, I just received the DVD yesterday (don't buy from Amazon, it's much cheaper at Deep Discount DVD) and I'm fairly happy with it.
The picture quality is better than my old VHS tape (less grain and overall fuzzyness), but the video quality of the program is not stellar. I expect this is simply due to the age of the original material.
My wife did notice some out-of-synch audio and I never even mentioned the Amazon customer review, so I guess it DOES exist. I believe she saw it during the John Cleese introduction of the airline pilots sketch. Nevertheless, it was only very brief and I didn't notice it.
There are chapter stops, a John Cleese filmography, and a John Cleese bio. Other than that, there are no special features.
But man, between this, Clockwise, the Python discs, etc. I could write quite a paper on the life of John Cleese. I don't think we need his biography on EVERY disc he appears in. :)
At any rate, my VHS copy of How To Irritate People is hereby retired and will be going up for sale shortly.
-Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks