What's new

How to insert cue points in large audio files (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
How would I go about splitting a large audio file into different tracks? I know how to manually save the file as smaller segments, but I wonder if there's a way to do this automatically in a burning program?

I sometimes transfer long files (lectures, sermons etc) from cassette to CD. When doing this I wind up with a 30 minute wav file (or longer) and I hate putting that large a track on a CD. It's a pain in the butt to get to a certain part easily.

Any suggestions of ways to split this into specific minute length segments?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Two options:

1) Use a burning program like Sonic Foundry's CD Archetect in conjunction with Sound Forge. This does exactly as you want: opens a large file, and drops in tracks as markers you can drag around the file- and boom.

2) Do as you suggested (I think) select sections of the wav file, cut them out, save them as new files, drop the series of saved files into a burner app like Nero or EZ CD.

-Vince

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Nero can split a huge wav file into individual tracks before you burn the CD, but there's nothing automatic about it. You still have to choose where to do the splitting.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I've used Exact Audio Copy's wav editor to automatically create a cue sheet based on the wav file. Then I manually edited parts that needed it.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I never knew Nero could do that. I poked around a bit and found it:

Drop the file into a audio cd window.

Right click on it, select properties

Index, Limit, Splits tab at the top.

Can place track splits, and do countdown indexing here.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks