How to I get my other remotes to control my LG DVD player?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Rolando, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Hi guys, a quick search did not turn up much so here goes.

I just got an LG player and I cannot get the remote from my set top box nor the Pioneer amp to control it.

neither seems to have LG in their list of codes. Could it be under another company name?

I know I have a Sears VCR that I always programed as Samsung for my all in ones.

I know this won't be a problem once I convince the wife of the need for a Harmony 880 [​IMG] but for now one of the excuses I used for a new player is that no remote could control our Malata DVD player.

can anyone help?

2. Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla Supporting Actor

The remote for my Scientific Atlanta cable box won't control my LG plasma either. If your Pioneer remote isn't a learning remote you may be stuck. The LG stuff seems to be new enough not to be included with built in manufacturer's codes.

3. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

DOH!!!

I might bring it back then and go for a Toshiba... darn it!

4. Paul Padilla

Don't settle for a different player just because of the remote issue. Once your wife sees the incredible convenience of a Harmony ...she'll be convinced.

You can find the 680 a lot cheaper than the 880 and the only thing you're sacrificing is color and the recharging station. If your wife is like mine and "just wants it to work" then the one button access Harmony remotes give you is the ticket. If you haven't done this already, visit Logitech's website and set up a trial to see how easy it is to program these things. It's really a snap.

I'm pulling for you. [​IMG]

5. Paul Padilla

Quick update...I ordered a newer Hi-def cable box for my bedroom and when I unpacked the Cox remote I noticed it looked completely different. When I looked into the equipment codes it could be programmed with I found that this newer one will control my LG plama.

Whoo Knew?

6. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Small update for those who might be looking. I tried a Zenith code and it worked. I remembered reading that they were the same company so I gave it a try and it worked!

Hope it helps someone.