How to hook up the Xbox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce White, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

My two oldest sons have an Xbox and I'd like to allow them to get the best playing possible when hooked up to my Mitsubishi 55819 RPTV.

I've done some reading in this forum and it looks like we need to purchase some sort of adapter pack. Which one do you all recommend? I don't have and HD decoder box at this time. Does that matter?

I'd like them to get the best quality picture and experience the surround sound. I have an Integra 5.1 receiver.

What cables will I want to use and what connects to what?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Bruce

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You need to buy the HD adapter pack for it, which contains the optical port as well as all the baseline cables needed for hookup. (except the optical audio cable)

Some people have had problems because the box is unsheilded. If you have those problems, try relocating the XBox or exchanging the pack for the Monster cables

3. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

Then do I hook up the component cables to the 2nd component input on the back of the TV or to the DTV input on the back? The component input handles 480i/480p and the DTV input handles 480i/480p/1080i.

Thanks!

Bruce

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The DTV if you want to take advantage of HD gaming, but very few games support that yet.