How to hook up new center. Klipsch rc-35 It has 2 sets of imputs for wires. Details..

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brian.Huep, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Brian.Huep

Brian.Huep Agent

Hello, I recently upgraded my pos little pioneer center channel for the Klipsch rc-35 which is the closest match to my older Klipsch Quartet floor speakers.

The new center has 2 sets of imputs. + - and + -

It has a metal connector connecting all the sets. My reciever has only + - for the center channel. I understand that the center has seperate imputs for the woofers and tweeter. Since I only have a positive and a negative to go to the center, do I leave that metal contact thing in? And does it matter which set I plug into? Or how?

Kinda lost on this, and definatly don't want to hurt anything. Please help....Thing is so pretty, I wanna hook it up hehe.

Thanks
    Brian

2. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

The dual inputs are for bi-wiring your center speaker. If you don't want to bi-wire (which I don't with the RC-7), just leave the gold connector in place and plug into one set of inputs.

3. Brian.Huep

Brian.Huep Agent

Thank you so much. I did a lot of reading on the term Bi-Wiring just to make sure all would go smooth. Ended up learning a lot.

Thanks Nic