How to go insane

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Oct 29, 2002.

1. EDIT: Steps to go insane
    1) own stereo subs
    2) convince yourself that you hooked everything up correctly after moving gear around
    3) when "where the hell did all the bass go" happens, and the knobs are all the way up. Still blame the room.
    4) beliving it is the room or possibly one of the settings, equilize with the BFD
    5) play some movies and get really pissed that you are clipping and bottoming out and still aren't getting much bass
    6) get pissed off and revert to a previous RCA configuration
    7) get pissed off even more cause nothing is working
    8) double check all wirings and polarities
    9) get a battery out and test the polarity of the speakers
    10) realize that one of the subs was internally wired (on accident) out of phase and that you reversed wiring on the previous hook up because you didn't want to pull the driver
    11) kick yourself in the ass a few hundred times
    12) re-wire and vow never to do that again
    13) re-equalize and FINALLY enjoy a movie
    ...the worse part is when you start to doubt your system and think: Screw this. Damn it to ____! I am just going to sell my system, get the outlaw770 w/ 300watts/ch, some MTM's and a pair of Tumults PR's with the K2 and use shear force to rip down the walls and overcome "the room"
    ..ok...hope you all had a good laugh [​IMG]
    oh well. Atleast my system sounds a lot better now in the new arrangement![​IMG]

2. Jeremy Hopkins

Whats wrong with the second option.....at least you wouldn't have any inroom problems....now the reaction of the spouse or neighbors to the gapping hole in the side of your house might be a little different.....but didn't you always want a sunroom anyway?
    [​IMG]
    Cheers,
    Jeremy

3. Jeremy....that wasn't a list of various ways to go insane, but rather a series of steps that lead to insanity [​IMG]

4. Jeremy Hopkins

You need stpes to go insane? [​IMG] .....I'm already there....now if only I had money....that would be the end of me....[​IMG]
    jeremy

5. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Anthony, if you had a step that involved changing phase on each sub and recording the results you might have only gone half insane.

6. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

So THAT'S what happened to you. That explains a lot, Tony [​IMG]

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer