1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How to go about switching component sources with sound

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler P, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Tyler P

Tyler P Auditioning

My tv only has one set of component inputs, however I have a PS2, DVD player, and an upcoming x-box. All of which I would like to use component cables with. I did alot of searching on this board, and have concluded that people suggest just getting a regular composite switcher instead of a more expensive component switcher. My question is, how would I go about switching both audio and video from each source? Can I just buy two of these: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sonsbv31g and have the video go through one switch, while the audio goes through the other. So when I want to watch a DVD i would switch both to input 1, and when i want to play PS2, I would switch both to input 2?

2. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

That should work.

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Welcome to the HTF!

4. Tyler P

Tyler P Auditioning

Thanks for the advice Doug. But to clarify the situation better, the video game systems are hooked up to a seperate TV in my game room. I leave my main rear projection TV as the HT setup solely devoted to dvd since I don't like playing games on it.