What's new

How to get the best out of phantom center setup? (1 Viewer)

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering running a phantom center arrangement for the time being (lack of money for good center channel, already have really good main speakers) and would like to know how to get the best performance out of the setup. Considering everything from receiver setup to speaker placement. I have a pretty good stereo image right now, my speakers are equadistant from each other and myself (forming a perfect triangle). I don't have them towed in or out, but I am open to any suggestions you guys would bestow upon me. Please don't try to sway me the way of a center channel though, I don't have the ability to purchase one for a while and am only looking for suggestions to get the best out of a phantom setup in the meantime. Thanks to all in advance!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
and would like to know how to get the best performance out of the setup.
I know it’s simplistic, but there’s no escaping the reality that there is only one way to get the absolute best from a phantom set-up: You must sit dead-center between the L/R speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You'll likely get a better center image with some toe-in (experiment), and with an isoceles triangle, with the speakers slightly closer to each other than to you. This will, however, be at the cost of a slightly smaller soundstage, but your overall imaging should be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks