How to get Take 2.2 speaker for 6.1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RussellC, Sep 11, 2002.

1. RussellC

RussellC Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone been able to get a single Energy Take 2.2 satellite speaker to complete a 6.1 setup? If so where can I get one? Thanks.

2. Kieran Coghlan

Kieran Coghlan Second Unit

I would recommend purchasing a second center channel from the same package... I assume it's called the Take 1.2? My friend who built up a 6.1 system with Energy e:XL series speakers did this (bought four bookshelfs and two center channel speakers). I think a CC speaker for the surround back channel works well. The horizontal layout of the drivers tends to (IMHO) disperse the sound a bit more, (coming closer to the 7-speaker layout effect) while still being a direct radiator (bi/di polars are *generally* not recommended for the surround back channel.)

3. Kieran Coghlan

Kieran Coghlan Second Unit

Here is the 1.2 for $170, delivered. You could probably find a lower price from a smaller-name e-tailer if you tried: Energy Take 1.2 @ GoodGuys.com
    Edit: Woops! They can only ship to Washington, Oregon, and/or California for this product. But at least you know it's available!

4. RussellC

RussellC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Kieran!! Are most people using CC speakers for their 6.1 setups? I thought you were supposed to match the surrounds.