What's new

How to get Showtime in HD? (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I have Direct tv and I can get HD-NET and HD-HBO with my 18" dish that has the necessary connections for three LNBs but I only have the left and right LNBs.I don't have the one that goes in the middle. My question is, Do I need the LNB that goes in the middle to get Showtime in HD? and if so, Will any single LNB (like the rca) do for the job?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
You do need the center LNB, and not just any LNB. What you need is a "SAT-C Kit", comes with the center LNB, necessary cabling, and a sorta combiner box. You can order this from DirecTV for about $12 or so, and Radio shack also can get 'em.

Very easy to self-install, and no additional dish pointing is necessary as long as you don't disturb it when installing the kit.

You'll also need to go into the installation setup menu on your receiver and tell it you have the 3 LNB setup.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Yes, you need all three LNBs. Ask DirecTV for a C-Sat kit. Which is the LNB that fits between the two othermost LNBs. It cost about 10.00 delivered from DTV. You might also want to visit www.dbsforums.com they are one of the top DBS sites on the net.

Luis M

Second Unit
Thanks to you both (Steve and reginal) for your quick response. I really had no idea how to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks