What's new

How to get rid of smell of garlic on my fingertips? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Whenever I cook with garlic, the next three days my fingertips still smell like garlic.

Any tips?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I seem to remember reading something about lemon juice and or tomato juice. Something about the acid content.

Regards,

Joe

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'll vouch for the stainless steel and cold water. Last spring I fed fresh fish to some pelicans down in Florida. Needless to say, my hands smelled pretty rancid afterwards. Anyhow, the guy that sold me the fish gave me this rectangular piece of stainless steel (he actually was selling them too) and told me to rub my hands with it under cold running water for two minutes. After two minutes...voila...said fish odor was completely gone.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
To get rid of both onion and garlic smell I pour some table salt into my hands and rub them together for a bit, making sure to really concentrate on the fingers. Then rinse under the faucet. Always does the trick for me.

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
Quick picking your nose and you won't notice it as much. ;)

My solution: try petting a skunk.

(Sorry, I'm in an evil mood today):D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I too can vouch for the stainless steel. Just wash your silverware after handling garlic or onions or have some ball barings handy.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
What's wrong with the smell of garlic?

If you're really worried about that, I would recommend adding the smell of fresh ginger. That way you get a nice balance! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks