What's new

How to get rid of Gamespy spyware? (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Recently, (As in VERY recently...the last couple days...)
my Mcaffe has picked up some PUPs that had to do with Gamespy and suggested to remove it. I had removed a couple for a few days in a row, but got thouroghly annoyed with them popping up, so I removed the Gamespy program.
Now I don't have nearly the frequency of warnings but I get probably one per night telling me it's located in "system information_restore..." I'm assuming it has to do with it creating a restore point and the spyware trapped in this restore point??
One question is, why now?? I mean, I've had Gamespy installed for a while, with no issues and now...
The other is how do I get rid of the POS??
As always your help is appreciated.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You are probably ok - a system restore point is just a group of files saved from a previous state of your installation. I doubt the spyware is running now. However, if you do a restore to that point I'm sure it will come back.

You could delete the affected restore point(s) if you wish, assuming you don't need it in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks