What's new

How to get rid of a big belly? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Let me explain why I have a big belly,I have a pretty severe case of psorias and a few years back I was put on steriods..back when dr's seemed to think they cured everything.Anyway,I did not work out so I got very large..I went from a 32 waist to a 50+ in less than a year.Well,I am happy to report I am back down to a 36 waist however I cannot get rid of this dang belly and I cannt afford to have it cut off or sucked down a straw to make soap or whatever it is they do theese days.

So what can be reccomended here?I feel better than I have in years and its nice to not have to pay big and tall prices on pants but I still do for shirts as not only do I have the belly,I am tall as well.

Also,if anybody knows any ancient chineese secrets for psoriasis,I am all ears..but I have tried alot of stuff so..

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Chad, check this thread out...http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1 lots of good discussion there for weightloss, and how different people went about setting up their weightloss and diet plans.

I myself am in a similar position. I am 6'1 and down from 225 to 180 pounds, and 3 pants sizes. Feels great but still need to work on the belly and love handles. I'm pretty happy with the way every other part of me is right now.

Chris

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Ashley's right, just keep doing what you're doing, and your stomach will eventually take the brunt of it as well... Also, I forget his name, but there was that one guy on here who has his own website on his weightloss with some very good ideas.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member

:thumbsdown: Toning an already slim stomach yes, but decreasing width, definitely not.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Chad,

If you don't have any pre-disposed condition (other than your psoriasis) that prevents you from putting in some hard work, then getting rid of the extra gut baggage will mean that you'll have to engage in a good, lean, healthy diet and fat burning exercise. Chris P has pointed you to a great thread. Also check out John Stone's web site. John is da man when it comes to weight and fat loss. His transformation is indescribable. The incredible thing is that he has documented every step in his quest to reach his goals. It may provide you with a starting point for your goal.

The saying that comes to mind when fat or weight loss comes up is "Abs are made in the kitchen". In other words, you are what you eat. HTH.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
#1 - Dieting, and it has to be a good clean diet, low fats and low carbs.

#2 Exercise - Cardio and weightlifting. You can get away with doing one or the other depending on your goal but both would be great.

A mans belly is the last thing to go so it obviously will take the most work.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I agree with dieting and lots of exercise. Hard works is the way too go. All the drugs and things like that just try to cater to the lazy because they would rather sit on their couch like a potato and take a pill then get out there and sweat and work. Not saying this is you at all though, just rambling.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
A water softener helps keep psoriasis from springing back once it is under control from whatever medication you try.

Clobestasol (spelt wrong probably) in a spray form may help too. Ask your doctor about special sprays for psoriasis treatment. It cleared mine up several years ago after one week of use. It is very powerful stuff. Oddly, it worked so fast that I didn't have to deal with any side effects.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I will ask about that Dave,thanks!

I was on methotrexate last but i decided risking liver failure was not worth it,especially with 2 kids depending on me.Its pretty much covered my legs,half my arms and working its way on covering my back and parts of my belly as well...its tough but I try to block it out as much as I can.

I did find that last year when we got to go to the ocean salt water helped alot so I buy sea salts for my bath alot.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I gained a big belly too after getting steroids for a nasty case of persistent hives. I tried a lot of different things but the only thing that worked to get rid of it was the Atkins diet. Came right off.:emoji_thumbsup:

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Situps won't do much for you. Spot-reduction is a myth. You'll need an overall diet, resistance training and cardio plan. Most important is diet.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Well, either my pants are growing larger around the waist or I've lost a few inches. My stomach is getting tighter and I seem to walk with a better posture probably because of the effect situps have on my back. Although I have heard that you can strain your back if done incorrectly.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Gary: You're losing weight all over, definitely, but you're not gonna spot-reduce your stomach. Looser pants can result from fat loss in the back, the sides, the legs, the buttocks, and even the upper legs. I'd venture to guess you're eating better as well if you're dropping fat.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'd venture to guess you're eating better as well if you're dropping fat.
More like eating less too, that's important. :)

I try to train my stomach to accept less food by eating smaller amounts instead of huge portions. The key is just because there's food in front of you doesn't mean you have to finish all of it. For me it's easier to stay thin when I'm unemployed and thus have no choice but to save money by not spending so much on food. Currently I'm employed which is why I have to regulate myself.

But I can't deny the importance of situps. I realize a few of you out there don't have much faith in them but gradually I am changing my one big pack to a 2 pack then to a 4 and hopefully a 6'er. I find that situps help me breakdown my stomach and as I mentioned, also does something for the back.

Yeah, Ron, it's tough cutting back on the beer but as indicated through various studies, drinking wine can lead to positive health results.

(I don't mean to hijack this thread!)

NicholasL

Second Unit
XENADRINE RFA-1. Many might disagree, but it works absolute miracles. Not for the faint of heart though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks