What's new

how to get audio off projector speaker (1 Viewer)

luckyirishguy

Auditioning
Real Name
jobe
here is my setup

ax1xc5.jpg

my directv receiver connects to the projector via HDMI
therefore, my projector is playing the sounds through it crappy little speaker

temporarily i want to just connect it to a sound bar or other speaker via Auxiliary cable until i can get enough cash to buy a an amp/speaker receiver and outdoor speakers.

can i temporarily just set this up to a sounds bar or other auxiliary speakers? and what would i need to do?

the same question applies for when i want to get it setup with outdoor speakers.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The projector has component audio outs, but I don't think those will hookup to most soundbars. Perhaps run the sound from the DirecTV Digital Audio Out (red one). See if there's a soundbar with that kind of input.

luckyirishguy

Auditioning
Real Name
jobe
i know it will not hookup "DIRECTLY" to a soundbar or any other AUX speaker.but i know there is a way to do it. i tried to get an RCA to AUX converter,
xnt4zb.jpg

but that didnt work

i dont think the projector itself has any outputs. they are all inputs. im think i will need a special cable to run off of my directv receiver

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
You won't get any audio out of the projector.

The two easiest options will be a soundbar with at least one HDMI input that you simply inject between the DirecTV receiver and your projector (the soundbar would have an HDMI output as well that will pass the video along to the projector)...

Or, as Jay suggested, find a sound bar that has a digital coaxial input and use the digital coaxial output from the DirecTV receiver to the sound bar. In this case, since you would be using both the HDMI and digital coaxial output on the DirecTV box, you may need to go into the DirecTV menus and make sure that the digital coaxial audio output is enabled (sometimes when HDMI is connected, the digital coax is automatically turned off).

You won't be able to hook up any speakers directly, since you won't have any amplficiation (and running computer speakers off the projector won't provide much of an improvement anyway).

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Regardless of what you use (be it an amplifier, HT receiver, etc.) your only options for connectivity remain HDMI or digital coax (i.e. you get the audio from the DirecTV receiver).

If you're only concerned with basic stereo, any older, used stereo receiver will likely have a digital coax input. If your eventual goals are to utilize multichannel digital surround sound, then you can expand your search to any HDMI-enabled AVR made in the last couple of years.

The only drawback here is that there is no really cheap "temporary" solution - speakers and an AVR (even used or refurb from someplace like Accessories4Less) are still likely to run over $100.

luckyirishguy

Auditioning
Real Name
jobe
couldnt i just run an hdmi from the directv receiver to some kind of hdmi converter/splitter
such as on of these
2znzac4.jpg

1628k5j.jpg

10nez4m.jpg

and from this run hdmi to the projector and and hdmi/aux/SPDIF to a speaker that accepts that connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks