What's new

How to get Anthem MCA amps when there are no dealers within a couple thousand miles? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in hooking up an Anthem MCA amp to my HT for some extra juice. I just don't know how to get my hands on one. The selection at audiogon seems very limited and that will be a last resort. Does anyone know if Anthem products can be accquired online with warranty preferably? Oh, by the way, I live in Hawaii and there are no Anthem dealers here:frowning: . I'm interested in a deal on a new product but if used is the only way to go, I will take that route for a very good price. Also, does anyone know where I can get an Anthem price list, or just how much the MCA amps are retail? I just hate paying retail, it makes me sad knowing how much the dealer or whoever is making off of me. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Kyle, I know Anthem (Sonic Frontiers) authorizes no internet sales and the warranty is not transferrable if you buy used.

I would e-mail Sonic Frontiers directly and tell them of your problem. I'm sure your "local" dealer would be located somewhere in Southern California and would be authorized to ship to you in Hawaii, but that's just a guess.

As for a price list, I can only give you retail prices for the MCA 5/3/2 line...not the new 50/30/20 line.

MCA5 - Retailed for $1499
MCA3 - Retailed for $899
MCA2 - Retailed for $749

I got my MCA5 for about $1050, and that is probably as low as you will see a retailer discount, but they probably won't quote you that kind of price over the phone as they are very protective of the dealer network...but it is a good framework for what kind of haggling you can get.

Hope that helps.

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same situation and when I asked Anthem about it, they just told me the address of my closest dealer, about 200 miles away. I eventually called a dealer elsewhere and they agreed to ship one to me. I got a great price as the dealer was in a Canadian border town and just walked across the border to ship it to me and the unit is very nice.

I've never needed any warranty service so I don't know if I lost out there or not. For an amplifier I'm pretty willing to do that as there is little likely to go wrong. I've been thinking of getting a new processor for a while and am less willing to risk that one. In all likelihood Anthem probably lost a sale since they don't make it easy for those of us without local dealers to buy their stuff. I fully understand the business model of a manufacturer enforcing local exclusive dealing areas. My only point is that everyone loses when people outside of those areas are excluded and effectively not allowed to purchase. . .

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks