How to flip image?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Will, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Matthew Will

Matthew Will Stunt Coordinator

Hello all,

So I'm cheap. I bought one of those fresnel lenses to use on my 19" Toshiba TV to hopefully project a 100" image onto my wall. Problem is my tv doesn't like to be turned upside down. So instead of taking the tv to a shop to have them switch only 4 wire for 40 bucks, I would like to do it myself. My question is, has anyone ever done this before? I just took off the back of the tv and saw 4 different colored wires running from the bottom of the tv to the back of the tube. I can get pics for anyone that would like to help me. Please help me save 50 bucks and let me know how. Thanks. Matt

2. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

There are parts of the inside of a TV that are charged with thousands of volts long after the TV is turned off and unplugged. I wouldn't touch anything in there unless you know what you are doing.

3. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Ahmen to that.

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

I'm not positive, but I think you'd need to rotate the yoke 180 degrees. Not really something for a novice to do.

5. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I agree, just pay the $40 and have a "pro" do it. That's just a wee bit less to pay than your life!