What's new

How to fix this? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
If everyone remembers my thread about being ripped off by (someone) he dsiputed his cc thru paypal(although he tells me he did not do it) paypal charged me back. He kept putting me off saying he was going to mail me a money order.Now he never responds at all. What is my best way to resolve this(can i file a small claims suit?) I have the address where I sent it, which I believe is his work address. I use to have a phone number for him but somehow deleted it(would paypal give me any info do you think) So how should I pursue this?

(Admin amended post)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's the deal, this thread was originally posted in the Hardware For Sale area, but at this point, it's more of a Paypal issue, and whatever else Kevin feels like pursuing to get what he thinks he is owed.

Now this thread is in the After Hours area, and people can add their 2 cents in on this situation.

Keep your suggestions legal and impersonal. At this point, it's not important as to who wronged Kevin, so the user name has been deleted out of the original post.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Kevin,
It was a simple matter to find your original posts on this subject. The other party certainly has an ironic handle.
You mentioned small claims court, any chance this is small enough for you to just consider it tuition in "lessons learned school"?
Yeah, you may get some money back, but is it worth the effort? You need to decide that.

Niraj Patel

Agent
Kevin,

I am in a similiar situation. I have lost $515 to an admitted "malicious deal" (admitted by seller). I spoke to a lawyer regarding my situation and he said that filing a small claims suit would almost be not worth it. However, he suggested something far more interesting. Since I had proof of an email conversation in which the terms of our sale were stated, the seller is now committing mail fraud which is a federal crime by not giving me my product or my money back. Email is handled just like normal mail and the postmaster general is in charge of cases like this. So... What you can do is have him arrested, just call up his local authorities and file the complaint. First, I would threaten him with this action, give him a week to pay and then call his local authorities if he doesn't pay up. He will have to pay bail to get out of jail, then what will likely happen is the prosecution will make him pay restitution to you and maybe deal out even more punishment for him. This is a lot more in your face and if he doesn't pay up with this threat on the table, then nothing short of a prosecutor will make him pay up. Good luck getting your money back. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Niraj Patel

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I know its a lesson learned and its not going to break me($380.00) but I don't want it to happen to anyone else either.

David-S

Second Unit
Honestly, if that's his work address, maybe the employer might be interested :D? You should be able to do a reverse lookup on the address (just google it, most businesses have their address on the web somewhere)...

ps: problem with small claims is, even once you get the judgement, you still have to collect it... :frowning:

Niraj Patel

Agent
You can get a lein on his property at the very least if he doesn't have the funds to pay you. I say just arrest him. Or at least threaten him.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Don't know how to do a reverse look up,can someone help me? Heres the address

(Admin note - Address deleted.

Do not post people's addresses on the HTF. Do it again at the risk of your own posting privileges here.)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
If you got ripped off via ebay, you can get his contact phone # from the Ebay request contact info form (you just need the auction # he was involved in and his userID). I would point you at the page, but my work firewall doesn't like ebay tonight.

I'm going after a guy for ripping me off $7.75 for a DVD right now. It's a matter of principle (that's my personality type at work). He will pay for trying to screw me out of 8 measly dollars. Hope he finds it not worth it, and hesitates before screwing the next person.

I have another guy trying to scam merchandise and paypal passwords from me, I sicced paypal and Ebay on him.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Kevin

I had a similar story as DaveGTP. I got taken for $19.xx, but it was the principal of the matter. I contacted the local authorities of the wrongdoer, provided all the pertinent information, and never heard anything. About 9 months later, I received a check from the local authorities saying they have recovered my money. No other information was provided.
Since I was doing it for the principal of it, I doubled the amount and wrote a check to the local authorities (in Texas, I'm in Wisconsin) charity. I believe it was their fund for the families of officers killed in duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks