What's new

How to fix faucet water flow? (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I moved into an apartment a few days ago, and the water from the bathroom faucet sprays in different directions instead of flowing smoothly. Can this be fixed by using CLR or a similar product?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is there some sort of screen or nozzle tip you can un-screw from the end of the faucet? These sometimes get gunked up and just need to be removed and rinsed out.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I have the same problem with my sinks and shower, and I know the water in my new apartment is VERY hard, I can see the calcification of the holes. If anyone's got experience with products like CLR, I'd love to hear about them.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Soaking it in CLR or vinegar should help to dissolve and lime or calcium deposits you have built up in/on the nozzle

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
CLR is garbage. Zep is where it's at. Get it at Home Depot. Way cheaper and works way better than CLR.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm with malcolm. get a wrench and unscrew the faucet tip. chances are there's a little water aerator (sp?) in there that's all clogged up.

i hate those things and always take them out ... regardless.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I don't have a wrench, so I called maintainence to fix it. The guy unscrewed the faucet head, took out the screen, scratched the lime and calcium off of it, and now the water flows much better. Thanks, guys.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

Just what kind of man are you!?!:angry:

I'm just kidding! Now get your a$$ over to Sears and buy some tools!!;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
What do I need a wrench for when I can just call maintainence to fix anything that needs to be fixed? :)

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Call maintenance! But how can you feel complete without at least a couple of screwdrivers and a pair of vise-grips! Please tell me you own a Leatherman!! Swiss Army knife?;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
lol. i'm with frank. love my tools!

i can't do the simplest repair without busting out my power screwdriver or drill. my wife rolls her eyes because it will often be easier to just pull out a screwdriver.

but .... nnoooo .... i gotta use my damn power tools. :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Don't worry, guys, there's an Ace Hardware within walking distance of my apartment. If I really need something, I can get it there. :)

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
My gosh, man. I barely know what end of a hammer to use, but I've got a set of tools. I've even got a pipe wrench, for goodness sakes.

It's not a question of needing them or even using them. It's ownership, dude. Possessions! TOOLS!!!!! RARGH!!!

Bond. Paul Bond.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
start slow. perhaps one of those all-in-one briefcase type doohickeys with all the usual tools inside. i actually have one myself that i keep in my office. saves me from having to go to the garage for a quick repair.

before you know it, you'll have one of these swingin' from your hip:

[tim allen]arf arf arf..needs more power![/tim allen]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks