What's new

How to find out the Region of a Bluray disc? (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hello.
I have a problem and looking for an aswer in the net I can't find anything definite.

I want to sell a bluray, that says on the back cover it's Region A. (want to sell it in European territory and someone expressed interest)
It's this one:
http://images3.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/112065_large.jpg
However, the previous release which I think is identical (only the cover is changed) says at bluray.com that is Region A, B:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Christmas-Carol-Blu-ray/15205/
Also, since the bluray I want to sell has multiple languages and subtitles (including Greek and other European ones), I would assume it may be Region B too, despite having the Region A logo on the back.

So, is there any way to dermine that?
I play my Blurays on my pc and I don't have a problem with Regions, so I'm not sure if it would play in a Region B player.
Is there any software that gives that information about the regions of a disc?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I used it but it doesn't say any info about the region of the disc. (in the media tab)
I'm doing a scanning now..

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Sorry about that, I see it shows regions for DVDs but I just checked a Blu and it doesn't for those.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Check what subtitles are physically on the disc and that should be a clear indication what regions the disc is playable in. If there are subtitles for the Scandinavian countries for instance (like DVDCompare indicates) then the disc is playable in Region B as well.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Packaging information is often wrong not very reliable. One way to determine the Region code is to use a Region-Free blu-ray player. Set the code to A and see if the player can read the disc? Then switch the player to Region B and again see if the player can read the disc? If necessary do the same for region C.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I have the 2010 release and have just confirmed on my region-free player that it plays in all three region settings. While I would assume that the 2014 release that you have is merely a repackaging of the same disc, I cannot guarantee that.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I have the 2010 release and have just confirmed on my region-free player that it plays in all three region settings. While I would assume that the 2014 release that you have is merely a repackaging of the same disc, I cannot guarantee that.

Thank you very much Mark.
yes, I would assume the same.

@Ferdinand
yes, it has all those subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks