How to find HDPPV schedule for DISH?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Sly, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Tim Sly

Tim Sly Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find this schedule of future HDPPV movies? I know they don't change them often. Have they shown good ones in the past?
    ------------------
    Tim Sly
    Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I with I knew. When I saw last night that I missed Jekell and Hyde in high-definition, I was ticked. The one time they do a PPV show on Broadway, I don't get to see it. Grrrrr...
    - Steve

3. Frank

Frank Stunt Coordinator

You might want to consider subscribing to HDTV Magazine.
    It costs 35 dollars for a lifetime subscription. It is money well spent if you like HDTV.
    I'm sorry you missed it Steve. I guess I should have brought it up beforehand.
    ------------------
    Frank...
    Turn off the TV and read these books those in power DON'T want you to read...

4. GaryS

GaryS Agent

You can try the link below but it has not been updated for this month. Also, the promo flyer that comes with you Dish statement every month lists what movies will be shown in HD. It does not give dates or times and for some reason it did not mention Jeckyl and Hyde.
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...hdtv/hdtv.html

5. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Yeah, for a company that is "dedicated to HD," their informtion on such subject matter is almost non-existant. And now there showing "Return to Me" for yet another week!
    C. Ryan

6. Tim Sly

Tim Sly Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. It is sad they haven't updated in for March. My first HDPPV movie (Return to Me) was filled with DD5.1 audio dropouts and it made it almost unwatchable. Enjoyed the movie. Picture was spectacular. DISH says it was probably a fluke and shouldn't happen on other HDPPV.
    I tried ShowtimeHD and has no audio problems and a great picture even on a lot of the upconverts. But it has a lot of obscene language and nudity which I don't need and I don't want my children to get into. I'll be dropping it.
    I like HDTV but I've concluded that a good anamorphic DVD shown on a progressive player can look almost as good. We have had it good for some time. I will look forward to NFL and other programming when HD OTA gets to the rural areas some year.
    ------------------
    Tim Sly
    Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81