What's new

How to drop 2 seconds off your 1/4 mile time for FREE!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Well, I've seen it all now. Seems as though the guys at Sport Compact Car have figured out the mystery to free power, power from lost weight that is :D

Free power!!!

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!!!:D :D :D

I want a race car too, but I'm not about to rice out like homies in my town (huge aluminum wing, muffler, and man, 90hp is still 90 hp. Now it's slower because of the downforce!

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
That is too hilarious - I love it! :D I especially liked how they removed the air dam! It's funny because it's true, though... the Fast and the Furious inspired so many kids to add all that plastic crap to their cars...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Heck, the easiest way to drop 2 seconds off anybody's 1/4 mile time is to simply start the timer two seconds after launching!

Jay

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
What's even funnier is the hate mail SCC got after publishing that article. People were concerned that the kid didn't have anything to drive now, lol! If that story is true I'm sure SCC had an extra econo-rocket lying around. :)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Now I'm confused. I thought that more body plastic, racing decals, and loud mufflers made cars go faster.

Oh come on! Do I really need to add a winking smilie?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
That was hilarious! Very ballsy to poke fun at their own audience (the part of their audience that spends thousands on paint, spoilers, body kits, and obnoxious exhaust and think somehow it makes them think that they can outrace you).
I got a laugh from the '87-89 Grand Am with hydraulics and headlight covers that tried to outrace my '00 Grand Prix GTP. He cocked the ass of the car up into the air like it would make it take off faster.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Man that story has been floating around the net for almost a year and the magazine article almost as long. Funny, but old.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Ned: "Whatcha diddley-doin', neighbor?"

Homer (hacking away at the hood of his car with a pickaxe): "I'm puttin' speed holes in my car. Makes it go faster!"

:D

Cam S

Screenwriter
Man that story has been floating around the net for almost a year and the magazine article almost as long.
I have the issue of SCC that it was printed in, but never saw it on the net untill now, so I thought other people would like a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks