how to display a GIANT poster?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Dec 13, 2002.

1. I am a lucky b@$tard and have a 50"x72" (approx) double sided poster (high quality print). I want to display it, but I am not sure what the best way to do it is. I was hoping a light box, but other opinions may vary since it is such a large poster.
    There was a nice DIY light box posted a while ago...but is that going to be too large of a span for the plexiglass sheet?
    for the curious, here is a what it looks like (picture from another site) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Dave Milne

Dave Milne Supporting Actor

Jul 2, 2001
    A light box would be nice. Plexiglas would be fine, but you will need to use a thicker variety, maybe 3/8. Large, thick panes of plexiglass tend to be expensive, however. I'm not a big fan of plexiglas because it is so easy to scratch. I would probably go for glass. It's much cheaper and doesn't scratch. The light box will be heavier, of course. If you have little children who like to play "light saber duels" in your theater, you might want to get 1/4" tempered glass. It will still be cheaper than plexiglas.