What's new

how to defeat park only viewing on screens ?? (1 Viewer)

DanielH

Auditioning
Is there a way to defeat the feature which makes you have the car in park to view a movie on an in-dash screen ? Mainly I am asking about aftermarket screens such as the kenwood kvt715 dvd, thanks..

Tim K

Second Unit
I'm not certain, but I recall talking to an installer a couple years back. I think there is a wire (most mfg's use green I believe) that connects to the emergency brake lever sensor. The screen will only come on when the brake is engaged. From what I have read, if you connect this wire to any ground wire or ground point it will do the trick.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure it is a negative (ground) trip. I have seen some that have a positive trip. If you look in the instruction manual next to the description of the brake pedal connection it shoud say - or +. Chances are it will be a negative trip, so just ground it.
Shawn

DanielH

Auditioning
Does anyone know if grounding the parking brake wire would create any problems with adding a navigation system ie: would the system think you are in park and not moving ?

DanielH

Auditioning
Does anyone know if the kenwood 715dvd is a + or - can't get the screen to work

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks