What's new

How to deal with the WAF of large subwoofers. (1 Viewer)

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Jason, very impressive gear you have. How much does that center speaker weigh?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Depends on your sub :p)
Those Magnepans could almost hide my sub, but they're a little short and would need another inch in width.
And they definately couldn't hide this beast :D
http://www.geocities.com/manurescape...l?982993304980
I always get a chuckle when people call the SV subs big, they be tiny. It's not a real sub until you pass 200L net internal volume ;)

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin,
My planned upgrade(someday)to 3.6R would hide your sub nicely. For the "Big Pig" you would need Typanies:)http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M...smith/T3B.html
Frank,
I dont remember the weight of the MGCC1, but I think it is around 28lbs IIRC. It is mostly frame work and grill cloth with a curved magnetic planner, two-way driver inside. Much lighter than it looks!
John,
The Baby Boomer provides a lot of output for its size but is no match for the Sub2i. Heck, the whole thing would fit through one of the NHT sub's driver openings. It is about to be moved to behind the listening position, and connected speaker level to the surround channels. I will then be able to set the surround channels to run full range.

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
My recently Sonosub will be 480L and it will partially be hidden behind the TV and a Klipsch KLF-30.
As far as WAF, who says I'm even going to let her out of the closet to see it ;)

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
Well, those aren't mini-monitors, but they ain't Sound Labs A1s either. Sorry, yours are just midis:)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks