How to connect VCR to Ref 30 to record DSS?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    I have a B&K Ref 30, a JVC 3500u,a Tosh TW40x81 and a Dish 6000.I have the switching done thru the Ref 30 via s-video.How do I record a DSS channel.I can record OTA but not DSS.When I put the Ref 30 in dish mode then it is taken out of VCR mode.Ref 30 owners help.

Steve

2. Andson H

Andson H Auditioning

Steve,

Remember that the Ref 30 does not convert between video formats. Any output of the Dish to the Ref 30 will need to be matched as input for your recorder. You could use zone 2 as an output for the recorder. I've been playing with my Ref 30 for about 10 months and I still haven't figured it all out. I have run component and s-video between my Ref 30 and my RPTV since the Ref 30 won't convert the two. Let me know what you discover !

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Steve, Andson,

Most DSS receivers have a second set of audio/video outputs. Just send the second set to the VCR’s A/V inputs. Then to record DSS, you would switch the JVC to “L-1” with the channel selector (in between channels 99 and 2).

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt