What's new

How to connect VCR to Ref 30 to record DSS? (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I have a B&K Ref 30, a JVC 3500u,a Tosh TW40x81 and a Dish 6000.I have the switching done thru the Ref 30 via s-video.How do I record a DSS channel.I can record OTA but not DSS.When I put the Ref 30 in dish mode then it is taken out of VCR mode.Ref 30 owners help.

Steve

Andson H

Auditioning
Steve,

Remember that the Ref 30 does not convert between video formats. Any output of the Dish to the Ref 30 will need to be matched as input for your recorder. You could use zone 2 as an output for the recorder. I've been playing with my Ref 30 for about 10 months and I still haven't figured it all out. I have run component and s-video between my Ref 30 and my RPTV since the Ref 30 won't convert the two. Let me know what you discover !

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve, Andson,

Most DSS receivers have a second set of audio/video outputs. Just send the second set to the VCR’s A/V inputs. Then to record DSS, you would switch the JVC to “L-1” with the channel selector (in between channels 99 and 2).

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks