What's new

How to connect VCR to receiver if you want to record from satellite (1 Viewer)

Niel_JL

Stunt Coordinator
I am having problems connecting my VCR. I can't seem to figure out the order of the wiring. I really want to record from my satellite(Turkish equivalent of dish network). So what is the proper order? Here is what I think:

Hook up satellite to VCR using composite input. The composite out to receiver(VCR input) composite in, the receiver (VCR out) composite out to TV composite in. Does that sound right to you guys. Also, in order to watch the sat on TV, I need to press the Video button on the TV remote to get the signal. How can the VCR record in that mode? For some reason I can't seem to get it. I tried recording something once or twice but it doesn't work. Any help soon would be needed sinice I plan on recording most of the world cup matches.

Thanks

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Here's what I do with mine:
(all connections are RCA jacks)
1. SATELLITE --> CBL/SAT IN (on receiver)
2. VCR OUT (on receiver) --> VCR
I also have this connection:
3. VCR --> VCR1 IN (on receiver)
To record things, I set my VCR to record off LINE1 (the input on the back) and have my receiver on CBL/SAT. This will cause the receiver to process the signal coming in off of the satellite and since the receiver is also connected to the VCR (see connection #2) it passes that along to my VCR. It works like a charm.
For viewing from the VCR, the receiver is then on VCR1.
There you have it! :)

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Remember that for this to work the receiver must be on.

I have a work around for this.

I just use a coax cable from the antenna out of the sat receiver to the antenna in on the VCR. This produces an inferior signal to my S-Video connections, but it allows me to set timers on the VCR and sat receiver to record when I am not around. That way I don't have to leave the receiver on. It also allows me to use the receiver for something else while recording is going on.

Just a thought.

Bryan

david.byrne

Auditioning
On my denon 3801 reciever i can set the rec output to sat but watch any other channel i want and the vcr will only record the sat channel, so doing that won't stop you using the reciever/amp at all.

Just a thought

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks