What's new

how to connect amplifier rsa500 to denon avr 3313ci.. (1 Viewer)

daaro234

Auditioning
Real Name
ada
guys thank you for everything.. If it was up to me I would go with 12 gauges ..But They already bought it 14 gauges..I installed the cables .these were inwall cables.. here is the cable that they bought pls take a look at the link http://www.amazon.com/Monster-14-Gauge-2-Conductor-In-Wall-500-Foot/dp/B00009V3RP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341381331&sr=8-1&keywords=Monster+Cable+CI+Pro+14-2%2F500+14-Gauge+2-Conductor+In-Wall+Speaker+Cable+%28500-Foot+Spool%29
as you see the link above , for some reason I did not like the cable .. the cable did not seem to me a strong and durable..I mean , as if , it might spark a fire at any moment .I hope I am wrong.. and the other problem is the last 35 feet of the very narrow attic in -wall installation..in these section , all wires touching each other they do not have distance from each other ..they are like adherent to each other ..the attic is extremely hot ..I was gonna die there while installing the cables ..its like oven..that heat is scaring me ..attic is already hot and plus ,cable's resistance (because its a long run , like 90 feet wiring with 14 gauge cable ) whats gonna happen ??
in the attic , cables are like this picture below.
14f7a05a_ssss.jpeg

(this picture is sample but mine looks like exactly like this..)
there is no way I can make something different , because its in wall and inwall wiring is so hard .even if the cable is an inwall cable , should I put them in to the conduit pipe ? if the answer is YES , should I put every single cable in a different conduit pipe ?
(oh god that would kill me ! )
what do you think my friends ? I don't wanna burn my sister's house..pls help again.. thank you so much ..

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
You should be fine. It's in-wall rated, which is the important part. The performance difference between 12 and 14 ga is minor if it's even detectable. Conduit is sometimes suggested for video cable runs, since the best cable type has changed over the years (S-Video to component to HDMI) and running a new cable may be desired. This won't happen with speaker wire. It won't change. 14 gauge will serve you well forever.

Hopefully you got the cable for the discounted price shown on the Amazon link - Monster cable is decent cable, but generally way overpriced.

Enjoy the system!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
daaro234 said:
for some reason I did not like the cable .. the cable did not seem to me a strong and durable..
I assume you’re concerned about the rather thin jacket? This is standard for all installation-grade audio cable. In-wall cable doesn’t have to be “durable” because once it’s installed it isn’t going to get yanked and pulled, stepped-on, etc. like you’d have with say, the standard speaker wire used in-room between the amp and speakers.
even if the cable is an inwall cable , should I put them in to the conduit pipe ?
Why, just because it has a thin jacket? There may be good reasons to put installation-grade cable in conduit, but that's not one of them.
I don't wanna burn my sister's house..pls help again.. thank you so much ..
I would be shocked if a speaker cable connected between an amp and speaker has ever been known to get even mildly warm, much less cause a fire.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

daaro234

Auditioning
Real Name
ada
so you think a thin jacket is not gonna be problem.. even if t they are like adherent to each other ..thank you , thank you.. that was the most important part for me.. you understood exactly what my nightmare is..after my post here , I talked to couple electrician guys in home depot , they told me the same thing.. " it's low voltage don't worry about it" thats what they told me.. I surfed the web and came across this : do not put speaker wires right next to the 110 voltage power cable.. this is another issue.. at the corners I had to install speaker wires right next to the electic wires but only at the corner paasings..
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/875558/width/600/height/448

934336e1_IMG_0709.jpeg

eeb77769_IMG_0714.jpeg

43849ff3_IMG_0715.jpeg

56d6707d_IMG_0717.jpeg

e63a1a70_IMG_0722.jpeg

fc6351c7_HJ.jpeg

21b3fc23_JUK.jpeg

LOOK AT HE LAST PICTURE , AS YOU SEE ONE electrical wire touches the speaker cable , its too close to he spaker wire , is this gonna be problem ? like noise or something ??
thank you guys.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you are worried about the electrical touching the speaker wire, you can shoot a piece of Monster Cable-It wire management. Which that is just about the only thing Monster has...that isn't overpriced.
But the "run with" means "run with". Of course there are going to be instances where the wires cross paths.
You could have saved yourself a whole lot of time drilling larger holes for all the speaker wire, instead of one hole for each wire. The IR and TV could have been run together as well.
The one thing missing...and a MUST. Ethernet. Cat6 preferably. Nothing beats a WIRED connection. Especially if they plan on a PS3 or watching Netflix.

daaro234

Auditioning
Real Name
ada
I ve got cat6 also..4 cat6 for hdmi extenders and 2 cat6 for ir extenders. and plus 9 cat 6 for security camera systems..I rather use cat 6 cables instead of regular siamese security camera cables ..I tried to do my best .. drilling was one of the worst part .I also thought about the large hole but you know I am a rookie , I thought speaker wires must not touch each others :) by the end of this week I am gonna try the system , speakers and avr etc .I hope they work ..thanks friends , thank you.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by daaro234 /t/321654/how-to-connect-amplifier-rsa500-to-denon-avr-3313ci#post_3945273
21b3fc23_JUK.jpeg

LOOK AT HE LAST PICTURE , AS YOU SEE ONE electrical wire touches the speaker cable , its too close to he spaker wire , is this gonna be problem ? like noise or something ??
thank you guys.

Actually, crossing the electrical cable and speaker wire at a 90 degree angle is the best way to minimize interference between them. Speaker wires don't generate much of an electromagnetic field, so it's safe to run them parallel and in close proximity to each other. Electrical wires, on the other hand, generate a much larger electromagnetic field and can affect the signal integrity of low-voltage cables like speaker wire. By crossing them, you minimize the affected area as opposed to, say, running speaker wire and electrical wire parallel to each other.

Looks like you did a nice job with all of that wiring, especially for a first timer. Since it's perfectly OK to bundle speaker wires together, you may want to consider getting some zip ties to consolidate the wires in the attic - I know on the rare occasions I go into my attic, I have the gracefulness of a drunken baboon fresh off the tilt-a-whirl, so best to keep things neat and tidy so I don't inadvertently pull stuff out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks